All employees working in Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) Islamabad on a regular basis/T.T.S/contract are invited to submit applications for Research Publications Grant 2020, for the papers published between January 2019 to December 2019. The applications on the prescribed form with relevant documents must reach the Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization by June 02, 2020.
AIOU INTERNAL FUNDED RESEARCH PROJECT GRANT
i. All regular faculty members and faculty members serving on long contracts (Three years) are eligible to apply for this program. However, the faculty members serving on a short contract (06 months contract) can either submit a project as co-investigator with a regular faculty member
ii. The regular faculty members can submit more than one research project, but one faculty member shall receive funding for only one research project (of their choice) in a fiscal year.
iii. The respective head of the department shall ensure research project completion and grant adjustment in case of a contractual position faculty member leaves the University. Faculty members retiring in the same fiscal year shall not be entitled to receive a research project grant.
iv. The grant shall not be approved on the submission of student synopsis.
v. The research project leading towards MPhil or Ph.D. research degree of the faculty member shall not be entertained.
vi. The research project requiring building infrastructure shall not be entertained.
vii. The faculty members on study leave during the said fiscal year shall not be entitled to a research project grant.
viii. The Research Officers, Research Assistant, Research Associate, and another such type of staff member shall not be entitled to a research project grant. As for Research Officer/Research Assistants the appointment and job requirement by itself requires research work and they are hired against the same.
ix. The submission of research projects for grants after the deadline shall not be considered.
APPLICATION FORM FOR RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS AWARD 2020-21
For the period from 1st January 2019 to 31st December 2019
AIOU RESEARCH PUBLICATION GRANTS
Research Publication Grant Program aims to promote the research culture at AIOU by enhancing the research publications by the researchers of AIOU. Following two types of publication grants are considered under this program:
- Research Article
- Book Writing Grant
The guidelines along with proforma are attached herewith for reference and the same is also available at https://www.aiou.edu.pk/download.asp
a) Eligibility Criteria
- The Research Publication Grant shall only be applicable to employees who are working at AIOU on a regular basis/TTS/contract.
- The first author and corresponding author of the research article/book shall be eligible to apply for this grant.
- Name/ affiliation of the author(s) with AIOU in the publication is pre-requisite for availing this grant.
- This grant shall be given upon the print publication of the Article/Book except where there is only an online version of the journal/book released.
- Maximum three publication grants can be awarded in a calendar year subject to their publication in the same calendar year.
- Inclusion of the journal in Journals Citation Report (JCR) along with the Impact Factor of the journal at the time of publication shall be required for the international journals.
- Inclusion of Journal in HEC Recognized Journals’ List at the time of publication is pre-requisite for local publications.
- The book should have a minimum of 150 pages.
- It should be published by any reputed publisher.
- Thesis re-published in book format shall not be considered.
- The book should have been peer-reviewed.
The applicant shall submit the hard copy of Book.
a) Documents required
- Following documents to be submitted for research article publication grants
- The front and back cover of the journal/issue.
- Reprint of the research article
- Proof of journal’s HEC category/ Impact Factor in Journal Citation Report at the time of publication.
- Certificate that no remuneration was received against the said research article from any other institution.
- In case of journals having online versions only, the print of the main web page along with list of articles and reprint of research article from the website.
ii. Following documentary proofs for book publication shall be submitted:
- Cover page and back cover of the book
- Table of contents of the book
- Publisher’s website home page print
- The similarity index certificate (generated in Turnitin) should be less than 19%.
- Two (2) sample chapters
- Peer-review certificate/proof
- Certificate that no remuneration was received against the said book from any other institution.
Guidelines for Preparing Research Project
- Exact Title:
- Introduction: (not more than one page)
- Background of the Proposed Research Project: (not more than 3 pages and should be fully endorsed by the relevant Literature)
- Justification / Rationale of the Project:
- Proposed Objectives, Research Questions, Research Hypotheses:
- Method: (Describe briefly)
- Proposed Analysis:
- Total Funds request should not exceed an amount of Rs 2, 50,000/- for Professor/Associate Professor, Rs. 2,00,000/- for Assistant Professor and Rs.1,50,000/- for Lecturer.